>Joyce wrote:
> Does anyone know if there are any anesthesias which dissagree with PD or
are
> counter productive to the PD MEDS still in my system at the time of
> surgery??? That way I can "advise" the anesthesiologist (sp)

If you are taking Eldepryl please notify your anesthesiologist and doctor.
Demerol (Meperidine) and Eldepryl are *not* compatible, and can (in extreme
instances) lead to death.

List members have identified other narcotic agents (such as Percodan,
Tylenol #3) as meds that have caused increased dyskinesis post-op, even
after Eldepryl had been  stopped one week prior to surgery.

FOR ALL LIST MEMBERS:  Please be aware that doctors and pharmacists are not
entirely familiar with PD meds/other med interactions.  Studies conducted
on new drugs use healthy people as test subjects.  NO ONE knows the
consequence of mult-drug interactions in any disease process, let alone in
neuro-pathological processes (which make one *far* more vulnerable to the
neuro-side effects listed in drug literature).

Therefore, access the PD archives or keep a printed list of the drug
interactions discussed on this list.  I have suggested in the past that
upon hospitalization, all folks taking Eldepryl should identify Demerol as
a drug allergy - that way there will be no accidental administration of
Demerol in cases where an analgesic is required.
-----
Regards
Mary Ann

P.S.  Good luck on your surgery - may you heal quickly, and experience no
discomfort.