> I also interested in the connection between Parkinson's and
> Schizophrenia...and have been following this weeks postings about this.
> Question:  Have there been any studies done concerning inherited tendencies
> toward both diseases within the same family?   Are the tendencies the same at
> some level, but manifested differently?
> Would welcome any input...
>
> Best wishes,
> Camille

Camille

The writing about schizophrenia and PD maybe having somewhere a link was quite
theoretical. Even the fact that in both deseases somethng seems to be wrong
with the quanteties of dopamine, is in itself not enough to point to a
familiarity of the two. Neither is ever found any statistic which could be
interpreted as a showing a commom heriditary factor. Charles Meyer too made
clear that a PD with drug-induced hallucinations is not schizofrenic. What is
more: to say he has schizophrenic symptoms is neither true. It seems only so
to be if one looks only to the surface.
                                    Ida Kamphuis
                                             Holland