Debbie:  It has been our experience that dystonia is sometimes relieved
or lessened by Pallidotomy surgery.  I don't know if your mother would
benefit from or be a candidate for a Pallidotomy - but it is something
to consider.  Carole

Carole Hilton, LCSW
Parkinson's Coordinator
NPF Patient Services and Outreach Program
The Neurosciences Institute, Good Samaritan Hospital
637 S. Lucas, #501
Los Angeles, CA  90017