Hi "(Martha Rohrer)" <[log in to unmask]>, you wrote
>On 01/18/97 Tim Sanderson said:
>>The most wonderful thing about Parkinson's I've yet discovered is
>> how much it makes you really appreciate other people's grace and
>>agility.

>It doesn't take many sessions where I watch Neal trying to will his feet to
>move so he can get from point A to point B (usually the bathroom)to give me
>a profound appreciation of the seemingly simple fact that I can move about
>at will. And I no longer consider the twinges and stiffness of arthritis a
>big deal.
>
>Something like Tim's experience at the ballet has happened to me lately. I
>find myself observing how people move and how wonderful it is to be able to
>walk. I also think about the physiology of movement and of the intricate
>balance of muscles cells, neurotransmitters, and nutrients that are involved
>in making movement posible. In PD one of those elements is not doing its job
>and my husband cannot move when he wants to.

A joy I found was in watching my grandchildren learning to do such
simple actions (sic!) as rolling over and standing up! And lo & behold,
when I tried to copy them to achieve the same results, it worked (up
to a point)!

--
Jeremy Browne - [log in to unmask]
Shaking Hands BBS - +44 (0)1252 626233 - Fidonet 2:252/160