After three years of research, Virginia Commonwealth University physicians
are optimistic that a new skin patch which secretes a steady stream of
dopamine-like medication into the bloodstream could be used to treat PD more
effectively.

Neurologist Vincent Calabrese points out that his study was small and results
only preliminary and more testing is needed.  Dr. Calabrese thinks the patch
could be an important alternative or added therapy in the treatment of PD.

Sounds good to me.  Maybe we wouldn't have problems like we do now with
fluctuating levels of drug  in the body and fluctuating periods of response
(often caused by what we eat or don't eat - whether our intestines are moving
things along in the right order and speed - or whether we forget a dose.)

Hope springs eternal in this game.

Regards,
Barbara Yacos, RN