John,

Yes, it still exists and is one more reason I have recently changed my gp. After
my bout of gout, I learned from the last gp that I have had consistantly high
levels of uric acid in my blood. He just didn't notice before.

My new gp told me about the Cherry Juice.  Just as Cranberry Juice is great for
kidney and urinary infections and has even been proven so now in labs, Cherry
Juice is being studied for it's effect on gout.  I too used the juice and water.
 However, my case was in such a state that I also used the indicin.  It is an
anti-inflamitory very specific for gout.

We are all becoming so knowledgeagle about so many medical terms, perhaps we
could have lay-degree in medicine???

Marling