Linda,

Please remember I am not a doctor, only a PD patient (63/7) willing to help;

You wrote : "What, in your opinion, are the "hallmark" signature symptoms of
PD? ".

All PD's are different. A PD patient does not have the same symptoms than
another patient. Symptoms also vary within minutes, or slowly over years.
Symptoms are closely interlinked with emotions.

As far as I know, there is no such thing as a scientific test leading to a
diagnosis. The only clues we have to make sure whether somebody has PD are the
following :

        - Visit several neurologists
        - Ask several PD patients
        - Watch the effect of levodopa : if it works, it is probably PD. Try a  pause
(under medical control) : you will see what happens

You also wrote : "Seriously, I question my husband's diagnosis, yet cannot get
him to get a 2nd opinion". This sounds like another disease, which is refusing
to face a stressful situation. This second disease can be devastating if your
husband does not want to double-check the first diagnosis : if he really has
PD, he will lose a lot of the energy he needs to fight against the disease ;
if he doesn't have PD, his medical treatment is unnecessary, if not dangerous

And don't forget to take care of yourself. He needs you to stay in good shape.

Bernard