Marling:

 I know about Chalie  Horses . I get them at night if I hven't stretched
enough before and after swimming that day. That pain is excruciating for a
moment.And one knows
 what to expect.

 The curling of the toes and twisting of the ankle into a rigid position is
also
painful and difficult to pull out of.   I believe it is called dystonia  I've
read that when it occurs in the morning that it's due to lack of  sufficient
levodopa in the system..
But, I've also read that it is also a side effect of  Sinemet.

Sometimes these events  pose a question, because there
is another neurological condition called dystonia, per se,
which is separate and apart from Parkinson's. The dystonia, per se, can
occur  in other parts of the body, such as head,neck, and a friend has
dystonia
inthe mouth which affects her speech.(She carries a small gadget which, when
she
 inserts it  along the tongue, temporarily clears her speech  remarkedly.)
 The human body and  its vagaries continue to amaze  me, orshouldI say
paralize me..