My husband, Sid, wanted his brain to be donated exclusively for PD
research and to that end, he signed up for it to go to the Parkinson
Disease Brain Bank at Vanderbilt University.  He believed that as an
experimental patient at NIH for nearly 20 years, his brain could be very
helpful for research.  He was often the first patient to be tried on
most of today's current PD drugs as well as many others that were never
approved.  He particularly hoped to interest a leading research in
studying the long term effects of the very powerful drugs taken by most
PWP.

Sadly, in the three and one-half years since his death, I have been
unsuccessful in getting any researcher's interest in using Sid's brain
for ANY research.  I recently had his brain transferred to Professor
Peter Jenner's brain bank in London, hoping for better luck there.

On this list there has been much written about the long term
consequences of taking these drugs.  It occurred to me, that if we
worked together we might have enough influence to get such a study
initiated.

Reactions?

Donna Dorros, CG for Sid (dec. 1993) 68/30, Gaithersburg, MD