Sue-
I chose Pallidal Stimulation because of the reversibility of the procedure.
If a new procedure comes up in the future I wanted my brain intact so it
could be performed.  In a regular Pallidotomy a scar is left on the brain
that can't be removed. This could affect the results of a newer surgery.

My preop symptons consisted of a strong tremor , severe dystonia in my feet ,
some dyskinesa and  sinement was becoming not as effective as it had been.
 Following the operation  I lost most of the tremor and dystonia.  Also the
 sinement  has become effective again.

My most disturbing sympton was the tremor.  I have control of it about 90% of
the time.  A highly stressful situation sets it off.  It is as if the brain
overides the signal.

I hope his information is helpful.

                                              Dick