>Hello Celia,
>Long time no hear... How are you.  When you find out about getting a
>Pallidotomy done in Sweden, please let  me know.
>Are you still interested in coming to our Conference in September.
>Did you know that (according to Parkinson's NSW) Prof Benabid is coming to
>Australia to do some sub-thallamic stimulation operations on a few patients
>in NSW?
>Parkinson's surgery is being featured in the next PA Magazine, incidentally
>-- where it is being done in Australia, and by whom, etc
>All the best
>Joy Graham

Hi, Joy,

I'm still working full-time.  It's doubtful that I will come to Perth for
the conference as my husband and I plan to stop work the end of this year,
so we'll
have to save our money for travel then, when we can do it at a more leisurely
pace.

My friend is thinking of having Dr. McNeill do her palidotomy down here, but I
suggested she look into having it done in Sweden as they have more experience
with the operation there (i.e. 30 done here as opposed to hundreds in Sweden.)
I'll let you know if I hear anything more about Sweden.

Good luck with organising the conference.  Are you going to have a speaker
on using the Internet for information re Parkinson's?

Best wishes for the New Year.

Celia Jones