NADH FAQ's

Q. What is NADH?

A. NADH is the abbreviation for the reduced form of
nicotinamide-adenine-dinucleotide. This reduced form contains high en=
ergy
hydrogen (the H in NADH) that provides energy to the cell. NADH occur=
s in
all living cells and plays a central role in the energy production of=
 the
cells(1). The more energy a cell needs, the more NADH it needs. For e=
xample,
muscle cells and brain cells contain about 50 micrograms NADH per gra=
tissue, heart cells 90 micrograms, red blood cells 4 micrograms(2). I=
n other
words, if you supply NADH to the body, it acts as an energy supplemen=
t,
which provides the organism with additional energy.=20

NADH occurs naturally in the muscle tissue of many animals, such as f=
ish,
poultry and cattle that are part of our diet (3).=20

Q. What does NADH do in the body?

A. NADH is the first and most energetic component in the central ener=
gy
producing mechanism in our cells(4). Thus it plays a crucial role in
supplying our cells with energy.=20

In addition NADH supplies the energy for the production of important
compounds in our cells. NADH increases the production of adrenaline a=
nd
dopamine, particularly in the brain(5, 6) It improves aspects of brai=
n and
central nervous system function which are related to the activity of
dopamine and adrenaline.=20

Q. How was NADH discovered?

A. NADH was discovered in 1934 by Kaplan, an American scientist who f=
ound
that it plays an essential role in the energy production of cells(7).=
=20

Q. Who should take NADH?

A. Anyone that that wants to support the function of the central nerv=
ous
system and the energy production in all cells.=20

Q. Who is Georg Birkmayer?

A. Professor Georg Birkmayer, MD, Ph.D., is the director of a clinica=
laboratory in Vienna, Austria as well as a world renowned biochemical
researcher. He is associated with the University of Vienna and is a v=
isiting
professor at the University of Beijing, China. He is the general secr=
etary
of the International Academy of Tumor Marker Oncology. In addition to=
 being
a practicing physician, he is the author of more than 100 scientific =
articles.=20