Dennis...

Prior to my unilateral pallidotomy on Oct. 24, 1994, I began falling a sleep
briefly in the evenings for about 1/2 an hour - more a dozing in and out of
sleep.  It made no difference if I was busy with an activity or not,
either.... Just up and fell asleep!

Post pallidotomy, I've noticed periods of profound fatigue (not sleepiness,
but an overwhelming TIREDness) beginning about 4-ish p.m. almost daily.  At
that time my feet feel like they're freezing cold.  If I put a heating pad on
my feet and relax with a blanket over my body (warming up pretty fast), the
fatigue passes in about  an hour or so.  However, if I DON'T do this (and I
don't always do it because I might be working, or away form home), I am
practically guaranteed of falling asleep later in the early evening no matter
WHAT I'm doing or who I'm with at the time.  Very embarrassing if I'm on a
date or have company over!

I take my meds as follows:

11 - 12 am = 1/2 generic Sinemet 25/250,  1/2  20 mg. Paxil,  1
multi-vitamin/mineral tablet,   800 ICU vitamin E.

12 noon to 1-ish pm =  Sinemet CR 25/200 (might be 50/200 - can't remember off
the top of my head)

NOTE:  The above is ALWAYS taken with ginger ale (for medicinal reasons)and I
eat no food till about 1 to 2 pm, depending upon the time I first take the
drugs.

5 to 6 pm = 1/2 generic Sinemet 25/250 and 1 Sinemet CR 25/200

Occasionally 1/2 generic Sinemet 25/250 about 10 or 11 pm if I've still got
more typing to do or am out for the evening.

And that's it.  Hope this helps to construct the picture you're trying to
build, Dennis.

Barb Mallut
"Lil_Honey" on the PD Chat