> hospitalized, her electrolytes would go wildly askew and she would
> hallucinate.  As soon as the hospital got her blood gases back to normal,
> she'd be lucid again.  Just a thought, in case anything was overlooked.
> My best wishes to you and your dad.  Keep us posted on how he's doing.
> Mary Sheehan

Mary, blood gases and electrolytes are two very different tests.  You are
correct that folks get strange when *either* blood gases or electroyles are
off.  But blood gases indicate a cardiac or pulmonary (or both) problem,
whereas abnormal electrolytes can be caused by any variety of disease
processes.
------
Regards
Mary Ann