Joyce,
I am a member of a support group affiliated with the National Parkinson
Foundarion (NPF). They have a manual called:

  Support Group Leaders Manual
  by Carol Mackenzie Jackson, Ph.D.

The NPF address is as follows:

  1501 NW 9th Avenue/Bob Hope Road
  Miami, Florida 33136-1494
  1-800-327-4545

As members of NPF, we all get their quarterly newsletter, "Parkinson Report",
an excellent publication. Also, they have many other publications/pamphlets
available.

Our meetings are held once a month on a Saturday afternoon. We have a variety
of formats; guest speakers, presentations by members, or just open time for
all to share what is on their minds. We usually have about 30 to 40 people in
attendance.

We also have an affiliation with the University of Rochester Medical Center
as they are one of NFP'S Centers of Excellance. The Medical Center sponsors
an additional support group meeting monthly under the leadership of one of
their nurses.

I hope that this helps.

John F. McCabe,  New York,  58/7 years