On Thu, 23 Jan 1997, Dennis Greene <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Help!!
>
>I am looking for information on the habit some of us
>have of falling asleep as our meds 'kick in'.  I am not
>talking about falling or giddyness due to hypotension.
>I AM talking about sleep associated with the relaxing
>of the muscles as we move from OFF to ON.
>I would be most interested to hear from PWP who have
>exprenced this reaction and have had a pallidotomy.
>
>I have already accessed the archives where a 60 page
>search result yeilded only six relevent items.  With this in
>mind would anyone responding to this message do so
>through the list so that we can add to that body of
>information.
>
>Thanks in anticipation,
>
>Dennis
>
>++++++++++++++++++++
>Dennis Greene
>++++++++++++++++++++

Dennis,
      this may not help as I have not had a Palidotomy but I experience a
similar reaction when taking Sinimet 10/100 (½ every 2½ hrs).  If I'm doing
something, OK but if I'm sitting reading a newspaper, book or TV, 20 min to ½ hr
after I take it, no matter what time of the day, I have to fight not to fall
asleep.  Unfortunately I sit when I drive a car.  I try to schedule my driving
to avoid this time period.  If I don't, the battle is waged.  If my wife is
driving, no contest.  I'm out like a light.
Another thing while we are discussing phenomena.  At this same 20 min to ½
time frame I experience a 'ringing in my left ear.  This also occurs when Im due
to take a pill.  I'm not aware of it at any other time.  Does this 'ring' a bell
with anyone??? :-)
Joe Young (65 DX-92)