Albert Young wrote:
>=20
> On Thu, 23 Jan 1997, Dennis Greene <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >Help!!
> >
> >I am looking for information on the habit some of us
> >have of falling asleep as our meds 'kick in'.  I am not
> >talking about falling or giddyness due to hypotension.
> >I AM talking about sleep associated with the relaxing
> >of the muscles as we move from OFF to ON.
> >I would be most interested to hear from PWP who have
> >exprenced this reaction and have had a pallidotomy.
> >
> >I have already accessed the archives where a 60 page
> >search result yeilded only six relevent items.  With this in
> >mind would anyone responding to this message do so
> >through the list so that we can add to that body of
> >information.
> >
> >Thanks in anticipation,
> >
> >Dennis
> >
> >++++++++++++++++++++
> >Dennis Greene
> >++++++++++++++++++++
> >

> Dennis,
>       this may not help as I have not had a Palidotomy but I experience=
> similar reaction when taking Sinimet 10/100 (=BD every 2=BD hrs).  If I=
'm doing
> something, OK but if I'm sitting reading a newspaper, book or TV, 20 mi=
n to =BD hr
> after I take it, no matter what time of the day, I have to fight not to=
 fall
> asleep.  Unfortunately I sit when I drive a car.  I try to schedule my =
driving
> to avoid this time period.  If I don't, the battle is waged.  If my wif=
e is
> driving, no contest.  I'm out like a light.
> Another thing while we are discussing phenomena.  At this same 20 min t=
o =BD
> time frame I experience a 'ringing in my left ear.  This also occurs wh=
en Im due
> to take a pill.  I'm not aware of it at any other time.  Does this 'rin=
g' a bell
> with anyone??? :-)
> Joe Young (65 DX-92)
=20
Hi Joe,

I am in a situation similar to you(no palidotomy) and have noticed too
this feeling of sleepness some time after taking levodopa if doing or
staying in relaxed actions(like TV watching etc.).This feeling will be
overrided if the situation arises rather mild to strong attention,or
care, as you mentioned.The interval of time after taking the pill varies
from 20 min to up 2 hrs later.I have'nt noticed any ringing in my ears
up to now.

Best wishes,
--=20
   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +