Hello and greetings from the Young Parkinson's I&R Center!

    On behalf of Susan Reese, I'm happy to announce that at the bequest
of callers, our center is starting up a new program - called the Neurosurgery
Support Network.

   The Network's purpose is to connect individuals who wish to receive or
give neurosurgery information and support.   (By neurosurgery, we refer to
pallidotomies, thalamotomies, electro-stimulators, fetal tissue transplants,
etc.)

    If you have questions and/or would like a membership form to fill out,
please
call us at 1.800.223.9776 or email (although AOL is a wee bit unreliable
these days) us [log in to unmask]

     There is *no cost* to this program - as we are doing this as a voluntary
service to the Parkinson's  community.

     While I have your attention, I would also like to ask if there are any
individuals
who have had a pallidotomy done more than once on the same side of the brain.
A gentleman called in a few days ago, contemplating having the surgical
procedure done again on one side.  (He has had a pallidotomy done on both
hemispheres, one side seems to have responded well... the other not as well).
  While we are
able to mail him literature on the pallidotomy - he would very much like to
talk
to someone who has had to make a similar type of decision and hear about
their experiences.
      If you can help, or are willing to talk to this individual, please
contact us.

      Thanks!

Sherline Lee
APDA Young Parkinson's Information and Referral Center