My pharmacist tells me nicotine is a stomach irritant, and he recommends
trying patches.  There is one make whose patches are large enough to cut
into smaller patches - they are quite expensive.  And if you are not
trying to compenste for addiction a small patch ought to be (?)
sufficient. What is sufficient?  How small a patch?  What dose will it
deliver?  These questions I have yet to look into.

Thank you all for the info.

Beth Leslie