Henry's problem is somewhat like mine.

My devious solution, not for everyone. I seem to have some strong, or
stronger than I, personalities in my family.

 My experience with my mother was to call the doctor directly, and discussed
the problem that my mother was having. The problem was that she would not
quit taking pain killers. When the doctor saw another side of things, not
only her side, he promptly worked with her and that was the beginning of the
end of the pain killers. The  woman would not listen to me, her daughter.
This is not unusual I guess for people to ignore the people that love them
the most.  I had to go around her to help get the problem solved. Paul and I
had tried everything, confrontations, gentle persuasion, nothing swayed her,
and that was the only thing left to do and we did it because we loved her and
wanted the best for her and it worked.

The other time I called the doctor without the patient knowing was when my
father my folks were divorced) was having health problems. I only let the
doctor know we were concerned about my dad. When my father died suddenly
there was no record of "next of kin" except that phone call to the doctor.
>From then on we took care of my invalid step-mother. We did this for over
seven years and it was a true blessing for us all.

It took a lot of courage for me to do these things, but they were definately
for the best. So I think it pays to be sneaky sometimes if one has to.

Jan cg more than once.