At 10:08 AM 1/21/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Has anyone else experienced the sensation that some doctors don't know anything
>about PD except that it makes you shake?
>
>Sometimes when I speak with doctors (even neuros) I feel as though I should be
>the MD and they should be sitting in a classroom letting me teach them.
>
>It feels weird to know so much about a subject, and expect that the doctors
>should know more, but don't.
>
>Even my pharmacist knows more than most of the doctors I've seen. I am lucky to
>have a great pharmacy with a wonderful and thoughtful crew.  The first time I
>went into Green's to order a PD med, Kelly (one of the pharmacy crew) tried to
>make me laugh, but I did not feel like it as I had just learned of my
>'condition'.  When I told him what the med was for, he came out from the back
>room and gave me a hug.  He said they would take care of me.  And they have.
>They have a crew of 4 pharmacists and they are all great.  I fell so lucky.
>
>On the other hand, I went through 3 neuros before I found one who knew
something
>about PD specifically and was honest with me.  Also, I've been through 5
gps and
>have now found a 6th one I think will be better.  At least he knows a few
>things, and is willing to look up the rest before he passes judgement.
>
>Off my soapbox and back to bed.  It is only 2am or so, as you can see I have
>insomnia again.
>
>Marling rambling

        Marling; my mother has a neurologist that told her to take 1 1/2
sinemet a day. she was just in the hospital with a viral infection for
16 days, they gave her the 1 1/2 a day, any old time, the neuro came in
once for 10 min. in 16 days.
        I have been staying home from work for a few weeks, and "I" found
the ups and downs of sinemet! after calling him and telling him of my
study, he told me we could go up to 3 a day, what the heck is with these
doctors???  thanks to this group, I have increased a little to make PD
bearable for her, AND, YOU BET, WE ARE GOING TO A NEW NEUROLOGIST NEXT WK.

        This group is the best thing I have seen for PD!! I have learned
more in two weeks from you people, than I have from that clown in 3 years.
Oh,look now you started me rambling, but at least it's 6:00 am in Ma.

                                WHITIE