Lisa Carper wrote:

> The relationship of NADH and nicotine (if any) has fascinated and perplexed
> Jeff and I ever since we heard about NADH.
> Consider the following: the smoking population has a far lower rate of pd
> than the non-smoking population. Also, there was just an article in the
> paper about smokers and Ahlzheimer's and a lower incidence there too. It's
> only my unscientific guess/hunch here but there must be something in
> nicotine or at least in one of the many gases of cigarettes that is
> beneficial neurologically.
> Does that mean Jeff considers smoking now? No, no, no. I hate cigarette
> smoke and anymore Jeff doesn't like it either. I (and our children) have
> asthma/allergies so that would never be an option but it does make one
> wonder about a potential benefit.
> A good question....hope the research scientists think it's a good question too.
> Lisa Carper (for Jeff 46/8)

Hello Lisa,

I believe these statistics as many statistics happens to be,cannot be
taking as conclusive as far as cigarretes will cure ,avoid,or reduce
people that are bound to suffer of PD.In many cases the interpretation
will depend on the techniques these statistic are considered and if all
factors related to a phenomena is taken correctly in the whole
context.The fact is that there are many PWPD that are,or were,smokers a
great part of their lives.

Best wishes,
--
   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +