Drop and Drag helps for me:
1.  Walk with a cane........leaning forward that extra little bit seems to
help the movement of my feet for a while longer than with no cane.

2.  an AFO (ankle foot support)  custom made molded synthetic product fits
inside shoe and extends about 12 inches up on leg, flexible
ankle......functions as a brace....forces the heel down first.  I can walk
much farther with the AFO than any other way.............Cost about $150-$400
and paid by Mutually Preferred (Mutual of Omaha) and Blue Cross/Blue SHield.
 Prescribed by orthopedic or physical therapist.........fitted at most places
that fit orthotics, braces, etc.

Rita Weeks