Dear Gloria in Italy---I hope others will also answer your questions. I
can tell you that there are techniques for helping Parkinsonians (PWPs)
who have swallowing problems. Our support group had a talk by a speech
therapist, who showed a video of how the problem is diagnosed. It is done
by a "modified barium swallow" with a video tape made while the swallow
is tracked by fluoroscopy. This is available in hospitals in the US, and
you might check with speech therapists in Italy to ask about it. Good luck
and welcome to the list!

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"