Debby Hurlbert,

Some people have no idea what they are saying, "people said I should be grateful
- I could have something a lot worse" .  They have no idea what Parkinson's is.
 So many people ask me just what is it, and I begin to talk, and I talk , and I
talk.   It must seem like I am giving street lectures.  I will tell everything I
know or suspect to anyone who will listen.  But, most of my friends and family
now know what to expect. They will see me with a variation of a symptom and ask
if it is the disease again.

Some people can be very insensitive without even knowing it.  I wrote of my
experience to Stan in Huston.  I work for a non-profit coproration with a board
of directors.  After I told them of my diagnosis, I overheard two of them
talking saying, "well, I guess we won't have Marling with us much longer".  I
felt like they thought I was going to be dead soon.  I had only tried to tell
them that I might modify the way in which I worked, not that I would be quitting
or even cutting back.  It was a shock.

But I too, got over it.  I just keep telling people about PD and that I hope it
does not strike them.

Good Luck with the Tennis

Marling McReynolds