To all Members

It is Saturday evening, my wife is in Detroit and my son who lives with
us and I  are at home. It has been so peaceful inthis house for the past
week. I have really enjoyed the break .Received 42 responses of support,
advice, suggestions from all of you.

I wish I could respond to all of you individually. If I miss some
questions so please forgive me.

(((((((((((1.  YOUR WIFE'S DOCTOR: He may have a great bedside manner,
but when was the
last time you saw "BEDSIDE MANNER" listed in the yellow pages as a
medical
specialty?  I can' t imagine any doctor responding to the question, "Are
we
treating her for Parkinson's?" by replying, "Possibly."  I know your wife
refuses to change doctors. But I see little hope for  a solution until
you
get her to agree to at least see someone else for one consultation.
Sad as it may seem that my wife only likes doctors with bedside manners.
Her comfort zone with those doctors increases to the point where she can
overlook mistakes. That does not mean that we will not change doctors,
but you are right it will be hard to convince her. In my calling around I
am now finding that several patients recently left him our Neuro and his
common method of operating is to dispense a lot of drugs.))))))))

(((((((((((2.  YOUR WIFE'S ATTITUDE: I found several telling statements
in your letter.
"My wife replied she needs the medications to live." . . . "My wife has
always been sensitive to medication." . . . "If she has a bad day, she
will
blame it on the new drug." . . . "DOC: We have tried you on all the
anti-depressants and you claim to have side effects. WIFE: Well, let's
try
Effexor." .. "Next visit, another symptom and some other
medication."))))))))))

((((((((((((((Reading those statements edited together paints a picture
for me. Henry, have
you considered that your wife may be addicted to medical treatment?
(There's
a proper medical name for it. Sorry, I can't think of it now. People with
Munchausen Syndrome have the same problem but transfer it to others, such
as
a child.)  Your wife is sensitive to medications, claims medications keep
her
alive and visits a physician regularly and tells him what drug to
prescribe.
Seems like a pattern to me. Have you ever discussed this aspect of your
wife's behavior with a competent psychiatrist?)))))))))))))))))

Yes Stan, you are right on. The children and I have realized that she
constantly reads medical books or articles and has suddenly developed a
need to see a doctor for the disease she projects she has or which which
she read about.  As I said earlier in one of my communications, we will
try to get her to a psychiatrist. Her regular doctor also has suggested
on many occasions I just learned without success. Since she has told me
so many times that I need a psychiatrist I will ask her to come with me.

(((((((((((((Camilla --asked what our plan is?? I have discussed this
with the children as of this week, and we have temporarily agreed to sit
down with her when she returns, as a family and make it a must.
I do not think that either my wife or I can continue living under present
condition.))))))))))))

(((((((((((((CHRONIC FATIGUE  SYNDROME. It virtually incapacitates the
victim. Extreme weakness,
no energy, unable to perform the simplest tasks without becoming
exhausted.
After that, she found a doctor who recognized CFS as a legitimate illness
and
was able to help her anytime it returned. (Many physicians do not know
about
CFS or recognize it as legitimate.))))))))))))

When my wife first came down with the illness and before the medical
profession hung their hat on (MG) Myasthenia Gravis, they did look for
CFS and ruled it out.
In all fairness she has many PD symptoms, except for the tremor--Stan

((((((((((((((Why does the Dr. keep renewing the meds?  Vicodin is very
habit forming
and if you find a PDR and read it you will see.))))))))))))))))

He actually thinks that the medication does no harm. He is of course
trying to passify my wife-- Nancy

(((((((((((((((Maybe it's time you have a little talk....honey, I am very
concerned with
your health and I love you so very much,....I hate to see you suffering
this way....don't you think it's time to consult another Doctor or
another
type of Doctor for a second opinion.)))))))))))))))

Yes, I will. I have tried it before with neg. results, but I will have to
insist on it.--Nancy

(((((((((((((Does she drink diet pop or use diet products?  I had the
case of Nutrasweet
poisoning...see I would never had dreamed that diet coke could be killing
me..)))))))))))))))

Yes, she only uses diet products including Nutrasweet for all her
sweeteners--.Nancy

((((((((((((((((If she wasn't always the personality she is now, you've
got to keep trying until you find
out what the problem is.)))))))))))))))))))))))))

No Nancy, I have seen a total change in her personality from passive to
aggressive, from calm to nervous (Hyper) from forgiving to unforgiving
from somewhat of a positive thinker to a total negative thinker,
suspicious and the list goes on.

(((((((((((((((Did she not plan ahead and take enough to the artane???
She refilled all her medication accept she overlooked the the Artane. Yes
she does overdose (my opinion) on the other drugs. :You see the doctor
does not track how often she fills the 30 day prescription. When she
tells him that she only takes 3 pills a day he believes her. I then show
him that she uses 150 in 30 days and his only remark to my wife was that
she should cut down.))))))))))))))

Sorry for the length and I know I have not answered all the questions, so
please forgive me.

Henry Guttentag