Ron Reiner wrote:
Date:    Thu, 23 Jan 1997 21:42:25 -0500
From:    Ron Reiner <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Kian-Sheng-Ta

For being such a tiny little country, Israel sure does produce more than its
share of CNS disease drugs.  I've never been there, but I picture it as this
country chock full of old people creating a huge demand for Alzheimers and
PD drugs.

                Ron

The fact is Ron, Israel is a country of mostly young people.
Because of a lack of natural resources,and the availability of excellent
educational and Research and Development facilities,the emphasis in its
economic development is on advanced technology such as Electronics,
Computer software,Communications,Biomedical Engineering,and Pharmaceuticals.
John Walker in his Internet News had a news item last week describing Israel
as an Internet leader.See the 1/97 Scientific American article co-authored
by Moussa B.H.Youdim,professor of Pharmacology at the Israel Technion.
Come and see for yourself.

Aliza Lieberman