Debbie:

Thanks for reposting my newspaper story. I planned to do it, but you saved me
having to search through all my computer disks.

Network Members: Debbie is right. We need to get our story before the public.
Not only about the Udall Bill, but also about us --- the individual Parkies.
As I wrote in my preface to the original posting, I wanted it to serve as an
example of what others could do.

I encourage all of you to contact the media in your area and discuss the
preparation of a story. About you or someone you know. Give the editor,
reporter or whomever a "hook" to justify the story. (Best hook now: The
battle to pass the Udall Bill. Editors love it when they can bring a national
story down to the  local level with a good human interest story.) Most major
newspapers now have at least one reporter or editor who handles
health/lifestyle stories.

If you're a writer, do as I did. Write something and submit it.

If anyone wishes to use my story, please feel free to do so. You're not
required to give the CHRONICLE credit, since the rights have come back to me.
However, I would appreciate it if you would leave my byline on the article
when you send it to any publication.

By the way: the reason I found time to write the message is that tonight is
an insomnia night. It's 2:00 a.m on Sunday in Texas and here I am at the
computer. Oh, the joys of living with Parkinson's. However, I just felt my
bedtime (10:00 p.m.) Sinemet 50/200 CR pill kick in (it usually does this at
4:00 or 5:00 a.m.) . . . and . . . well, I'll be damned . . . I'm getting
sleepy! Guess I better rush (HA!  Ever seen a Parkie rush anywhere?)
upstrairs and hop into bed. Maybe . . .

Stan Houston
Cat Spring, Texas 78933