Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 01:56:41 -0800
From: Vigilant Information Filter <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Clinton Gibes Reno's Hand Tremor
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 16:58:06 -0800

Washinton Times
24-26 Jan 96

Last Laugh

        President Clinton likes to tell jokes. So did Ronald Reagan when he
was president. But if what the American Spectator reports in its February
issue is true, Mr. Clinton has stooped to a new low in humor.
        According to the Spectator, while discussing how he would introduce
new members of his Cabinet and renominate others, Mr. Clinton joked that he
might have to shake hands with Attorney General.
        Janet Reno, whose Parkinson's disease makes her hands shake
involuntarily. "Maybe I should just give her a pat on the shoulder," the
president is said to have quipped. "I don't want to look foolish chasing
that hand all over the place in front of the cameras."
        Miss Reno skipped the renomination ceremony and "she had her revenge
anyway, serving the White House with a flurry of subpoenas concerning
potentially illegal campaign fund-raising."