Hi Ivan M Suzman <[log in to unmask]>, you wrote an open reply
to Lawrence Hoffheimer's response to you:

>On Fri, 24 Jan 1997 23:04:28 -0500 [log in to unmask] writes:
>>I read Ivan Suzman's totally inaccurate account of his alleged
>>mistreatment by the National Parkinson Foundation. I hope that Mr.
>>Suzman's statements are not taken seriously, particularly those about
>>NPF
... SNIP ...

... and you wrote in what might be thought to be immoderate terms:
>Dear friends,
>BEWARE A BARRACUDA IN OUR MIDST

...and emotional ones:
>NPF's high-priced Washington lawyer, MR. Larry Hoffheimer, is attacking
>my character on this list.  He is trying to divide us.  He is tr ying to
>persuade Listmembers to ignore me.  Mr. Hoffheimer's true colors are
>coming out.  He attacks me , breaking the sanctity of our fellowship as a
>community working together on this list!!

I'm sorry, but I have to object! I do not know YOU any better than
I know Mr Hoffheimer, and I DO NOT subscribe to the current
vogue for implying that THE WEALTHY are necessarily BAD, nor
that THE POOR are necessarily GOOD!

So if your contention that Mr Hoffheimer is attacking you "breaking
the sanctity of our fellowship" is valid, I would suggest that you use
less emotional terms, and more factual ones.

>Mr. Hoffheimer, I have given countless hours of time to the
>listmembers, and continue to do so.
>It is probably difficult for a high-priced
>Washington lobbyist like you to hear this, but you have just
>ATTACKED a longtime Listmember who lives on $664.00/month
>of  social security, and
>who is too infirm to waste his precious life on broadsides against
>vicious spirits like yours.
>BUT YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE TRYING TO
>INJURE.

>LISTMEMBERS, Mr. Hoffheimer's use of the words "fairy tale" about me
>is
>an outrage.

This PARKINSN LIST is an international one. It is NOT the right
forum for you and Mr Hoffheimer to be battling in: please do not
suck me into your personal battles, however much you may have right
on your side! I also have Young Onset PD - and simply keeping from
being overwhelmed with the rigours of living in my own back yard is
hard enough. I cannot afford to add you to the list of causes I
champion - and believe me, you are not the only person who gives
unstintingly to the Parkinson's community.

>Our LIstmembers know I am telling the absolute truth, so help me God.

Some of them may - I for one do not!

If this offends you, or any of your closer friends in this list, I
regret it. But I think you do yourself a disservice in conducting this
battle on an emotional level in this particular forum.

--
Jeremy Browne - [log in to unmask]
Shaking Hands BBS - +44 (0)1252 626233 - Fidonet 2:252/160