Marling McReynolds wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I went to my neuro today. My disease is progressing right along as expected. I
> have cut one of the Sinement CR 's out (the late night pill) and only take the
> three in the day, am noon pm.  The Clonazepam or Klonopin or whatever it is it
> works on the legs great.  One in the morning and with my sinemet cr does fine,
> then one at night and I rest, (not necessarily sleep, but one thing at a time,
> at least I am now resting at night).
>
> My neuro also told me that restless leg syndrome is possibly hereditary and
> although it is usually associated wlith PD, it can be associated with others or
> just on it's own.  It would seem that I have had a double wammy to hit me.  My
> father had restless legs and we never knew what it was from. He had no other
> symptoms of Pd and died of congestive heart failure at age 83.
>
> So my legs are not what they used to be, but I still get around.
>
> Here's to life, whatever it may bring, may we be able to turn it to our
> advantage and always remember how to laugh.
>
> Marling McReynolds

Dear Marling

5 years in PD, one major problem was sleep.  Manage to get my hours of
sleep in one and a half hour segments.  tried oxazepam, temazepam,
chloral hydrate, not good. Finaly prescribed clonazepam .5mg.  I now take
1 mg melatonin and .125 mg clonazepam before going to bed (15 to 30
minutes), sleep through with rare exceptions.  Saw the neuro who
specializes in sleep disorders, his comment, if it works come back in 6
months. I also take 400 units of vitamin E with orange juice at
breakfast. That, exercise and stretching is my complete treatment for PD.
It was the first time I saw someone else using clonazepam for sleeping.
I plan to use other drugs if and when I need to.

Any one tried biofeedback? My tremor is responsive to my emotional state.
Maybe it could be controlled?

Take care .   Guy Juneau   <[log in to unmask]>