Jack,  welcome to our list.   We are People With Parkinsons (PWP) and our
caregivers and our families.  Those of us on this list are our family also.
  You have brought up a subject that no doubt you will receive many replies.
  This disease sucks...and although it may be dorment for a while (not
getting worse) that is mostly due to meds.   But the disease marches on  and
on   and on.

Your age indicates that your children are not young....
Your disease affects everyone in your family...

My thoughts are that you're not protecting them you're only prolonging the
time you will need their support more than you think.

I called a family meeting to disclose my PD...explain what its all
about....what to expect from it and to ask for their understanding and to
make them aware of why I will need their support and understanding.   THEY
HAVE BEEN GREAT.

This is a very personal matter and I gave you my personal feelings.

Joyce