Definitly tell your friends and family as soon as possible.  I, too, kept it
from those who care for me and wished I hadn't.  Believe me they know
something is wrong.  My best friend sat me down and flatly said " What's
wrong?"  He and others had noticed my condition much earlier and thought I
was on drugs or something.   What a relief it was to be "out of the closet"
and not worry if someone noticed my tremor or wandered why I looked like a
zombie.  You will not regret it!
                                                                 Dick