Dear Henry-- I'm so glad you and your family are finally working TOGETHER
to help solve the problems caused for you all by your wife's illness. "In
unity there is strength", you know.  Are you familiar with the technique
called a "surround", which is often used by alcoholism counselors in helping
a person facethe reality that they have an alcohol problem?  As I understand,
it means that a number of persons who care about the subject, and are
personally affected by the drinking literally "surround" the subject and
take turns speaking to him/her about how the drinking affects them. This can
be pretty effective--and maybe is an approach you can modify in the family
session with your wife. The focus is not on blaming or attacking her, but
on giving "I  messages" ( "I feel so worried about you because you don't
want to see another doctor"  might be one example.)
You are in a position of strength now, with family members behind you. I
hope you and they can plan your session ahead of time, so you all are on
the "same wave-length".  And set a small, initial goal to make it easier for
her to go along with you, as change can be pretty hard!  Good luck, and let
us know how it goes...

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"