re:  Publicity & Advocacy for research money in 1997

Hi.  I thought the NPR interview was super.  It is really energizing and a
signal to renew efforts for publicity, education, and fund raising in our own
back yard.

I have made preliminary overtures today to reporters on two local newspapers
who agreed to let me send them the transcript.  I think what would make the
story of greater interest is examples from the circulation areas of the
papers.

Are you planning to go to Washington D.C., or do you know of anyone who is
from Kansas or Missouri?  What well-known figures from these parts have or
have had PD?  If you attend one of the many support groups in this area, can
you help liaison with the group's leader?

Please send any strictly local info direct to me so to not add to the general
volume of mail on this list.  I will be happy to copy all who respond as we
go along.

Regards,

Barbara Blake-Krebs
Merriam, KS