Hi JON A MEYER <[log in to unmask]>, you wrote
>I went to the neuro for a check up and he wanted to start me on
>Permax (Pergolide Mesylate)

>I took 1 -  0.05 mg tablet and 1 1/2 hrs later I was bent over the
>"throne". After that I headed to bed and I had severe tremors of my whole
>body lasting about 45 min. also experienced some insomnia.
>
>I called the neuro and he told me that about 5% of PWP are unable to take
>Permax. My question is being a dopamine agonist, is it likely that such a
>reaction will occur with other agonists ?  Or is it just to this one
>formula?

Pergolide had that (and other disturbing) side effect on me, too. I
now use Ropinirole (Requip) which is also a dopamine agonist, without
a single side effect! I am a happier bunny!!!

--
Jeremy Browne - [log in to unmask]
Shaking Hands BBS - +44 (0)1252 626233 - Fidonet 2:252/160