Stan,

You wrote in part,

> By the way, does anyone know: What is the speed of dark?

Your question surprises me. The speed of dark is obviously
'minus 2,997,925 x 10 to the power of 8' m per second.

Your points concerning chat responses were well made.  My own
view is  that there is a place for 'chit-chat' type responses if they
contribute to either:

        our knowledge of the list mood (ie short responses of the
        I agree/disagree type)

         or to our mental/emotional health in the form of humour.

Every time a parkie grins, PD loses 5 hit points. A laugh = 10 hit points,
A belly laugh = 20 hit pints.

I know PD has more hit points than I can take from it,  but its fun
watching the dragon flinch.

Dennis

Dennis Greene 47/10