In the last 15 minutes I've read a number of posts coming from very varied
perspectives about the "chatty" and "humorous" posts which primarily
involve a very few of us.  Obviously, we are not all going to agree on the
flavor this list should have--I did note that appeals for limiting the
volume of private chatting came from overseas as well as from several
persons in the US (and CA?)  I personally am by now less interested in the
cleverness of these posts--and I do delete them usually without reading, as
I haven't time to do otherwise. I am sure that others find them amusing and
that's fine with me....however, I feel we should consider those whose
time and money are limited, and who are desperate for solid advice or a
listening ear for their problems.  One possible solution would be for the
"happy few" to set up their own little "distribution list" (actually, that's
how CARE started till it got too big and went to the listserv)or even just
carbon copy each other--if others wanted to be in on the fun, they could ask to
 be included, I suppose.  The humorous post about FAQs re: HMOs is a different
matter altogether--a one-time, funny post and easy to delete if one wishes to .
Sure, we need to brighten our daysand lighten our spirits--and one size
won't fit all, unfortunately.  There was some talk earlier of having a
"moderated" list, which would put a big burden on Barbara Patterson--it's
really too large for that to be manageable. Better would be if we can find
some agreement on the "how to" of posting--we all have different needs and diff
erent interests, but the one BIG interest we have in common is PD.Some
use and enjoy the PD chat room, and others want the latest scientific scoop,
or a little of each. I wasn't surprised at Wolfgang's comments, and can
understand his problem, as well as Barb M's feelingthat their banter is a
useful escape valve for her group of special friends. How can we meet such
varied needs on a single list? Is this a case of "moderation in all things?"

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"