Miriam and Fleurette,

I really enjoy these endless debates about languages. Life would be very sad
if we could not communicate with one another, and we have to be extremely
careful with one of the most useful communication tool, which is our language.
That is not to say we must talk like University teachers : Colloquial forms,
even invented words, often hit home : we can see that here and there on this
list.

Of course, there is a risk of misunderstanding, especially for us who do not
have English as our mother tongue. No big deal : if we go wrong, we receive
half a dozen softly ironic answers, and we learn !

Let's talk again soon

Bernard JOLY