Let me introduce myself, the daughter of a newly diagnosed Parkinsons
mother.  My parents live near Washington, D.C, and I am here in Israel, as
you see.  When I immigrated some twenty years ago, they were young and
healthy.  Occasionally I come home for a short visit, but our relationship
is mainly via the telephone and, recently, the net.   I feel very guilty
that I am so far away and that I cannot be of any real help.  I myself am
still adjusting to the new reality.  My mother and my father have just
joined this listserv -- and I would like to welcome them, and wish them
well.  Melody