elizabeth leslie wrote:
> > Stan Houston's query: "what is the speed of dark".
>
> and your response
>
> > Stan, the speed of dark is > none. Dark is the abscence of light.)
> In the absence of light, can wehave a concept of dark?  Dark seems to me
> to be dependent upon light.
>
> What do you think?

I misspelled absence.  The concept of "dark" is not defined by Stan. The
concept of light might be defined by the big bang conjecture of Stephen
Hawking, the Cambridge professor with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis,
who  is a sort of kindred spirit with those of us with
neurodegeneration.

He decided to fiish his Ph.D. in physics after learning he had a
probability of living 6 months to several years about 30 years ago. Am I
remembering accurately that you are a Ph.D. candidate?

Have you read any of Hawking, A Brief History of time, or seen the 2
hour BBC video of his life?

At any rate, the controversy of the directionality of time which allows
his non-singularity for the big bang requires mapping space-coordinates
with imaginary time as the time axis. Imaginary time is not
conceptualized (as I understand) but the concept of time travel and
directionality of time seems to be that time is always positive. Light
is elecromagnetic energy quanta or photon packets or waves (dependent
upon how detected/measured) with the characteristic of mass-energy
conservation e=mc^2 being Einstein's recipe for energy=mass relationship
with the velocity of light involved. That c in the formula.

I suppose that the string theory candidates for the Grand Unified Theory
of physics might eventually come to be explainable as electromagnetic
energy confined to sub-particle energy rotating in imaginary darkness
that is "confinement" of light in micro-black-holes. The macro-black
holes are massive cores of matter that is compressed by it's
hyper-gravity to singularity in the space dimensions - therefore,
drawing in all matter near them to the extent that light is drawn into
the "hole" in space.

Let your light shine forth.  Do not hide your candle under a bushel.
--
ron      1936, dz PD 1984  Ridgecrest, California
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>