We are calling all senators and representatives across the country asking
them to be an original co-sponsor (sign-on the day the Udall bill for
Parkinson's research is introduced).  If you can call the 2 Senators from New
Jersey and your own representative it will help a lot.  If you know of anyone
else that you can ask to call also, that is even better.  following are the
names, numbers and what to say:
(PLEASE PRINT THIS OUT AND DISTRIBUTE COPIES TO YOUR NJ SUPPORT GROUPS.
 EVERY SINGLE CALL COUNTS)
PLEASE telephone today:
1.  Senator Frank Lautenberg -ask for Mr. Corey Illes- 800-962-3524  (was a
sponsor last year)
2.  Senator Robert Torricelli - ask for Joe- 800-962-3524  (was a sponsor
last year as a rep.)
3.  your Congressman-call 800-962-3524 (tell operator your zip code and she
will connect your Congressman)
and say  " PLEASE BE AN ORIGINAL COSPONSOR OF THE UDALL BILL FOR PARKINSONS
DISEASE RESEARCH  (It does not have a number yet) WHICH WILL BE INTRODUCED IN
 LATE FEBRUARY."      (give your name and address so they tally your call and
subject matter)

If they are  willing to cosponsor, have them notify the offices of either:
Senator McCain  -ask for Ms.Sonya Sotak
Senator Wellstone -ask for Ms. Alix Clyde
Congressman Upton -ask for Ms. Jane Williams
Congressman Waxman -ask for Ms. Karen Nelson

Additional info if they should ask--
--There are approx. 3,500 people in their district suffering from Parkinson's
disease.   There are approx. 45,500 people in the state of New Jersey with
Parkinson's disease.
--Parkinson's is a devastating, degenerative disease not just a minor tremor.
--Funding for Parkinson's research has woefully lagged behind other disease
groups.  This bill would raise research funding from $24 million spent in
1994 to $100 million per year.
--Curing Parkinson's would result in tremendous economic benefits estimated
to be $26 billion per year.  At a time when we are trying to cut the budget,
here's a great opportunity.
--Last year we had 62 Senators and 248 Representatives as cosponsors.  We ran
out of time not votes.
--PARKINSON'S IS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER DISEASE GROUPS IN THAT A CURE IS CLOSE.

--FUND PARKINSON'S RESEARCH ON A PAR WITH OTHER DISEASE GROUPS AND REAP
TREMENDOUS BENEFITS IN REDUCED HUMAN SUFFERING, SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE
APPLICABLE TO OTHER DISEASES, AND ECONOMIC SAVINGS.

Thank you very much for your help.
Barbara Schirloff     ph or fx 908-257-8074   [log in to unmask]