At 08:30 PM 1/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
>On Wed 29 Jan, Marty Rose wrote:
>> I have recently (this week) started a more vigorous excercise routine.
>> I have been pretty inactive since summer.   My questions concern Sinemet
>> requirements whe exercising.  I am noticing that it wears off sooner
>> than normal.  Do we need to increase the dosage when exercising and by
>> how much?  Thanks for any feed back you might give me.
>>
>> Marty Rose     56/PD 9 years

Marty,

I find that the type of exercise makes a tremendous difference. Walking and
a little jogging does not seem to use up the dopamine. Yard type work which
involves gross or substantial movement of the arms & torso make little
difference.

Exercise involving fine motor skills uses me up [and the Ldopa/dopamine] in
a hurry. If I have to handle papers, screw in a  screw with an ordinary
screw driver, count paper money, etc, I am "off" rather quickly.

Will
And here's to long "ons" and short "offs"

WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
                410-543-0110
Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter