At      Many of the fine neuro-surgeons members of this list have seen, are
"students: of Dr. Laitenen. He has passed on his expertise in the
time-honored way of any learned group. I think you should interview your
prospective surgeon to your standard, but I do think there are many fine
doctors much closer.
        Gordon's surgeon . Dr. Kim Burchiel, Oregon Medical School, does
happen to have been trained in Sweden.
        Gord had thalomotomies due to his terrible tremors. the whole thing
has bben a modern medical miracle. Dr. Burchiel made the decision on what he
thought appropriate.