Henry--I tend to agree with Fluerette's idea that you should go and pick
her up at the airport--because by doing so you would be "taking charge" rather
than letting her continue to manipulate the situation as she so skillfully
does.  HOWEVER--had you thought of consulting with your therapist about
this? You would do well not to leave her "out ofthe loop" if you are asking her
to work with you.  I hope that in the near future you can undertake some family
 therapy, so she can consider the "whole package" you aredealing with. Each
family member plays a special role in keeping this pot boiling-- your wife
can't do it alone!  The steps you have taken to resume some control are
positive, it seems to me--but your therapist is in a better position than
any of us to judge the family dynamics.  A family which operates on the
basis of so many "secrets" needs some fresh air!  That's what the outside
perspective of a trained, objective therapist can provide for your use.
Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed here in your behalf!  :-). Camilla

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"