My husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's 3 yrs ago at 45.

We are hoping to build a new house in the next year.  What would be the
best kind of flooring for bathrooms?  Vinyl seems so slick to me when wet.

Should the rest of the house be carpeted?  It will be built on a slab so
no steps.  Also implicit instructions will be given to builder--no
thresholds between changing flooring materials.

I am of course trying to prevent falls.  Bathrooms will have grab bars.
All halls 4 feet wide.  Shower will have seat, no threshold.  Is there
anything else I need to take care of in the building stage?  Any advice
from you or any physical therapists greatly appreciated.  If you feel
these answers not pertinent to whole mailing list, please e-mail me
privately.  Do not want to start/get involved in a "flame war."  (Meant in
nicest way possible.)

Thank you
Joan Cutchins