I've been on this list for about a year, for the purpose of printing the
digests and snail-mailing them to my father, who has Parkinson's, but no
computer. To keep the size of the printout affordable, I edit the messages
to eliminate those that have nothing to do with Parkinson's disease. Today,
I downloaded several days of digests. Before editing, they would have filled
106 pages, according to my word processor. After an hour's worth of editing,
there were 22 pages of actual content.

I too would appreciate a bit more restraint on messages sent to the list.