It seems to me that the following points must by now
be self evident:

        1.   Part of the list membership likes, and
             intends to continue with chat.

        2.  Part of the list membership hates, and
             intends to continue complaining about
            chat.

        3.  Most of the membership is getting sick
            and tired of the bickering.

I would like to suggest a comprimise, which being that

        1.   The chatters show consideration for the
              anti-chatters by not pursuing a theme
              ad nausium.  It would also be a positive
              contribution if a theme is dropped when
              it becomes obvious that it is becoming
              annoying.

        2.  the anti-chatters show consideration for the
             chatters by tolerating a reasonable number
             of exchanges.

I am probably not alone in having at one time contributed to
the chat, and at another wished that a particular thread of
chat would go away and stay gone.  As I am starting to see
this debate as the longest chat theme yet, I shall make my
personal contribution by making this my last word on the
subject.

Love you all,

Dennis

Dennis Greene 47/10