At 06:48 PM 1/26/97 -0500, Jack wrote:
>  I tell myself there is no reason to cause them needless worry, they can't
>help me, and I don't want sympathy or pity from anyone, although eventually
>they will all know, of course.  What I think I will need, when the time comes,
>is their tolerance and understanding, maybe even empathy, but before they have
>a need to know ?
>  I would appreciate hearing from any listserv members who have struggled with
>this issue, and to know how, when and why they have resolved to disclose or
>not to disclose.

Jack, I cannot speak for my mother, who has PD, but when she was finally
diagnosed,
she agreed that she probably had the disease for a long time. Was she too
scared to face it, thought she was going crazy, felt it was her fault?
Anyway, for the sake of your family and friends, and yourself, I would let
them         know.  There's a lot to understand about Parkinson's and still
much more that is
unknown.  But information, and the sharing of information, is crucial to
everyone's
well being.  In our family, we have been EXTREMELY busy dealing with Mom's
declining
health in the last few months.  Perhaps, if we had known sooner, we might be
able to
do things a little smarter now....just my thoughts as a family member.
Lena Holmes  parttime caregiver for Ilmi 74/2
Oakville, Ontario, Canada