Dennis,

Yes I agree with you.  The problem is not the "chat" itself it is the
volume of the list.  Again if people would just use some self restraint
and ask themselves whether their post has some interest to the larger
group-  whether it is humor,  chat, medical information etc I think the
problem would be solved.

One other brief point,  In no way should new people on the list or
lurkers let this discussion intimidate them into not asking a question.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID QUESTION.  Most things have been
asked before and new listmembers will undoubtedly ask the same things
that have been discussed 6 mos ago.  But that is not inappropriate.  If
the question has general relevance to Parkinson's Disease it is
appropriate.

I have also noticed that the volume irrelevant posts has decreased
considerably in the past few days.  Congratulations to everyone for
addressing this issue constructively.

Charlie
--
CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.